St Mary’s Church occupies a prominent site on Watford High Street. It is an ancient and architecturally interesting building, some parts of it dating back to around 1230, with several extensions built and refurbishments completed since then. Today there is also an adjoining Church Centre, constructed in the late 1970s, which provides accommodation for some of our church activities.
For a more detailed description of the history of St Mary’s, its Bells, Tower and Organ, please click here.
A book of memorials of the men of St Mary’s who gave their lives in the First World War is available here.